Lloyd Recruitment Services are working with our client in the local authorities sector on their search for a motivated and enthusiastic Housing Officer to join their small and friendly team based in Epsom on a 12 month contract.
The purpose of the role is to work alongside the Triage Officer assisting with people requiring advice or who are in housing need, homeless or facing homelessness by providing them with personal housing plans to prevent homelessness wherever possible.
* To make use of all available housing resources in order to advise clients of all housing options and their legal rights
* Asses application needs by identifying the correct support to give the customers by making appropriate referrals to support services
* To carry out follow up casework, enquiries and negotiation including contact with third parties to ensure the tenants’ rights are met
* Use IT packages to maintain accurate records for applicants to ensure correct statistic reporting
* Develop and maintain close working relationships with our partner agencies and other support services
* Assist and support with project work and provide front desk/telephone work when required
* Attend a range of case conferences and meetings this includes giving talks/presentations to groups and agencies when required
* Able to provide efficient and high quality customer service at all times
* Knowledge of Housing Service policies, procedures and documentation
* Familiar with corporate policies and HR procedures
* Knowledge of local housing conditions, profile of temporary accommodation and the general housing market
* Understanding the needs of clients/customers in order to give professional advice
NB: Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications Lloyd Recruitment Services receive, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Key words: Housing Officer, Housing Act, Personal Housing Plans, Local Authorities, Casework, Epsom, Ewell, Sutton, Cheam, Morden, Carshalton, Chessington, Ashted, Leatherhead, Tadworth, Redhill, Reigate, Croydon