Application Administrator (MS Windows systems) required to join a large European client in Geneva, Switzerland on an initial 6 month contract.
Business Applications Support:
* The specialist resource will be involved in the support of Business Applications based on Microsoft Windows server infrastructure.
* The specialist will take part in the planning and coordination of maintenance activities between Internal teams, Software Suppliers and Business Application users.
* He/she will participate in the installation, configuration, and upgrade activities of Microsoft Windows based Applications following agreed ITIL support processes.
* Assuming the role of Application Administrator, he/she will be responsible for the smooth operation of Business Applications, monitoring of the Application Resources and System Environment, troubleshooting application issues, working with relevant application users.
Infrastructure Services Support:
* The resource will be involved in the integration, support, and monitoring of Microsoft Windows infrastructure and services.
* The specialist will assist in the support and consolidation of MS SQL services related to iness Applications.
* Take part in Application configuration and troubleshooting of Authentication and Authorization settings related to AD, LDAP, Kerberos SSO, Network Share Drives.
* Participate in configuration and management of PKI infrastructure and SSL certificates, as well as DNS and other network services, as well as Microsoft Windows infrastructure services.
Management and coordination of System Support Activities:
* Assisting in the supplier management role, the resource will be involved in the management and coordination of the Operating System administration activities for Microsoft Windows servers.
* The specialist will take part in coordination of the MS Windows server update process according to the agreed patching policy, analysing the impact on applications.
* Initiate provisioning and de-provisioning of servers, as well as upgrading server resources. Keep system inventory databases up-to-date and update relevant information about system and application changes.
Essential skills and experience:
* Excellent working knowledge of English;
* At least six years of relevant professional experience with Microsoft Windows based Application integration, maintenance and support;
* Expert knowledge with relevant certification in Microsoft Windows administration;
* Expert knowledge in maintaining MS SQL servers and Microsoft Web services;
* Good experience with PKI and SSL certificates;
Desirable skills :
* Good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing, services, protocols: http, ftp, smtp, dns, ldap, proxy, and others;
* Strong capacity to deploy new products, in a rapidly evolving and challenging technical environment.
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity