Systems Integration Engineer:
Purpose of Position
This role is for an engineer who is part of a team responsible for system integration and test activity to support design certification, assurance and acceptance for the EvO System. EvO is the first phase of the MORPHEUS program, which includes the transformation of BCIP to an open and flexible technical and business architecture.
Individuals in this role will carry out system integration with hardware & software components in a Tactical C4I System, define & execute test cases, and carry out problem solving to identify defects and provide assurance & acceptance evidence for the system.
System Integration and Test Teams operate as part of the System Team at the Value Stream Level within a Scaled Agile Framework. Tasks will be varied and include product & system integration, verification, validation, assurance & platform based testing with problem investigation and support for field based testing. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets.
· Support the development of appropriate integration and test plans
· Support detailed planning to successfully execute integration and test activity
· Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
· Execute defined integration activities
· Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
· Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
· Support status reporting of integration and test activities.
· Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
· Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
· Broad competence in Systems Integration and Test - Significant experience and depth of understanding across the discipline, practicing as an SI&T engineer on a complex development program
· Ability to carry out SI&T activity leading or as part of a team
· Understanding and experience of developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
· Understanding of tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios, routers, switches and system management considerations
· Ability to orient issues within Internet and OSI-layered communications models - good understanding of messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
· Technical awareness of electrical, mechanical and computer systems hardware including knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies
· Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Visio. Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and manage through a review process to achieve release to committed deadlines. Ability to present formally at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
· Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Systems Integration and Test engineering on large-scale Defence design and development programs.
· Practical hands on experience in lab and field based military systems testing including equipment/system commissioning and fault finding
· Experience in build and test automation.
· Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
· Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, Microsoft Office tools
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application