Senior Engineer (Structures)
Carrington West on behalf of their client is recruiting for a Senior Engineer (Structures) based at clients offices in Bridgend.
The Senior Engineer (Structures) will join client’s in-house engineering design and consultancy to support to a variety of Operating Units in the clients business units and external portfolio of work in metals, power generation and distribution and design and build sectors.
The Bridgend Office requires a Senior Engineer (Structures) to play a pivotal and wide ranging technical role in the Industrial team. Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer you will be responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of a small portfolio of projects or sections of larger projects. This will involve hands on delivery of design, client liaison, fee management and providing technical leadership and direction to the project team.
The Senior Engineer (Structures) will
Undertake design in the common structural materials to Eurocode.
Preparation of specifications, and supporting site and works information, technical reports and other technical output.
Organise and undertake site visits and surveys for structural inspection works, and having an awareness of common deterioration mechanisms which affect structures.
An awareness of project delivery using BIM, and ability to use common structural design software tools such as STAAD Pro, FEM Analysis and Design, Autodesk ROBOT or SCIA engineer.
Project planning and coordination of others to deliver successful projects to agreed time and cost expectations.
Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with internal quality standards and processes.
Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
Technical training/mentoring of Assistant Engineers, Graduate Engineers and Technicians.
Briefing and coordination the work of others including the above and technicians to ensure the timely and technically robust delivery of project scope.
Working collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives.
Managing, building and developing excellent customer relationships.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience & Qualifications of the Senior Engineer (Structures)
* BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering or Foundation Degree in Civil Engineering and working towards I Eng or C Eng.
* Varied design and construction experience in the across a broad range of project types.
* A curious approach to design, and willingness to challenge the status quo and established ways of doing things.
* An understanding of the commercial aspects of project delivery.
* Experience in the use of the Eurocode suite of design standards and ability to mentor others in their application
* Previous experience of utilising design software such as STAAD Pro, FEM Analysis and Design Autodesk ROBOT or CIA engineer.
* Evidence of developing assistant engineers, graduate engineers and technicians.
* Ability to plan and coordinate own work and that of others to meet project deadlines. .
* Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Willingness to work in other UK offices for short term assignments.
* Willingness to undertake secondments to clients facilities in a project support role by agreement
* Ability and willingness to attend site and agree buildable solutions during the design and construction phases often to tight deadlines
* UK/EEC driving licence.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on (Apply online only).
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on (Apply online only) for more information. CWHTT
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on