Clogau is a multi-award-winning Welsh jewellery brand. From a small team and a handful of pieces in the early 1990s, Clogau has firmly established itself as a prestigious jewellery brand that is now sold worldwide, within leading jewellery stores, online, and on some of the world's best airlines.
Do you thrive on variety, managing different priorities and advising managers at all levels? We are looking for an experienced HR Professional to lead our HR function to cover a period of maternity leave.
What will this role of HR Professional entail?
Undertaking a stand-alone generalist role, you’ll be responsible for delivering all aspects of the employee life cycle from recruitment to leavers and everything in between, supporting a workforce of in excess of 150 colleagues who work primarily from the Head Office and retail stores. Your responsibilities will include although not be limited to:
* Providing advice and guidance to line managers
* Dealing with employee relations issues
* Acting as the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
* Updating contracts of employment, policies and procedures
* Managing recruitment and selection
* Coordinating training and development activity including administering the e-learning platform
* Working with payroll to ensure smooth delivery of monthly payroll
* Completing HR administration including staff changes and updates
* Managing the HR and absence recording system
* Maintaining and updating employee records
What will I need to be considered for this HR Professional role?
* Proven experience in an HR Generalist role
* A proactive approach and comfortable working in a standalone role on own initiative
* Ability to prioritise tasks and undertake a wide and varied workload
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to liaise and build relationships at all levels
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* A good level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Up to date knowledge of employment law and GDPR
Ideally, the successful applicant will be qualified to CIPD Level 5 or above, however, we will also consider applicants with proven experience.
As the HR Professional what will I receive in return?
You will receive a competitive salary and be employed to cover maternity leave on a temporary contract with the expected duration to be 9-12 months.
You’ll be working in modern offices near St Asaph in North Wales, conveniently located close to the A55 for ease of access. The hours work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
More about us: In 2016, we were named as one of London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, along with awards at the UK Jewellery Awards for Retailer of the Year in 2017, Multichannel Retail Offer and Jewellery and Watch Supplier of the Year in 2018, and Monobrand Retailer of the Year in 2019.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to lead the HR function as part of a reputable and growing international jewellery company, that has a unique brand story and inspiration.
All applications for this HR Professional vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions