Reporting to the Group IT Manager, an exciting position has arisen for an experienced IT Technical Support Lead, in our clients IT service support team, supporting multiple sites in the UK. The role will suit candidates looking to work in an IT environment which is cloud enabled, using best in class applications and who want to provide excellent customer service, enjoy finding solutions for problems and are enthusiastic about software and technology.
As part of a successful, growing company with a big investment in technology you will have the opportunity to advance your skills and abilities through experience and training. Our client looks for people who want to develop their careers and are eager to not only perform their day job to a high standard but also get involved with new projects and assignments where possible.
Primary Purpose of the Job - IT Technical Support Lead
As part of a team of three, provide professional end user support of business applications and systems, associated services and configurations, ranging from entry level desktop support to more advanced (e.g. 3rd line) support issues across our busy and thriving Telford head office (circa 250 users).
Working along side other group roles to support other offices across the UK on an as needed basis, including travel as needed.
Effectively monitor, prioritise and close “First Time Fix” IT Service Desk incident tickets within agreed SLA
Install, configure and administrate Servers, Laptops, PCs, Tablets, Mobiles and network devices, ensuring all pre-requisite software is installed, fully operational and tested to technical standards
Configure and maintain automated software deployment imaging tool to enable rapid deployment of standard build laptops and PCs
Administrate system backups and recovery within agreed RTO and RPO
Document installation, configuration practices / procedures and network diagrams
Perform daily system monitoring of servers, critical business applications, LAN, WAN and telecoms
Review and apply hardware firmware, software security patches and updates
Provide effective root cause analysis investigations for problem management incidents
Research and recommend innovative IT solutions to improve efficiencies and reduce operational costs
Main Activities and Accountabilities - IT Technical Support Lead
Deliver IT support & customer service excellence, monitor IT Service Desk tickets and close within SLA whilst keeping customers updated
Investigate, diagnose and take ownership to resolve the whole range of IT support issues, working with users, other staff and third-party suppliers as appropriate through to completion of root cause analysis report
Configure and maintain the company’s network and server infrastructure operating systems and applications in conjunction with IT policies and procedures
Ensure potential information security risks are identified and dealt with as a priority
Maintain the security and integrity of the company’s IT systems
Administrate group telephone system and call centre wallboards
Maintain accurate departmental records, including hardware assets and software licenses
Ensure that software license terms are well managed and not breached
Assist with agreed plans to install or upgrade hardware and software
Key Competencies Required - IT Technical Support Lead
* Able to diagnose hardware and software faults on own initiate
* Analytical and systematic approach to troubleshooting
* Willingness to learn and develop skills and knowledge, adapting to changing landscape
* Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Adaptive and Proactive work approach
* Effective written and good verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
* Able to work within a team or on own initiative
* Receptive to feedback
* Full UK driving license and ability to travel between offices
Experience and Knowledge - IT Technical Support Lead
* 1st to 2nd line end user Windows desktop support and Windows Server and Network 3rd line support or Technician lead role in an enterprise, multi-site environment.
* Solid understanding, configuration and administration of Microsoft Azure, Windows Server 2012R2 / 2016 including Hyper-V Virtualisation and Remote Desktop Services, Windows 10, Exchange Server O365 and SQL Server 2008R2 or above.
* Configuration of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies and network share best practice permission setup
* Support of Dell Storage Area Network backend infrastructure.
* Office 365 administration including configuration of Advanced Threat Protection and successful tenancy migrations.
* Extensive Microsoft powershell scripting language.
* Knowledge of Infrastructure monitoring tools.
* Deployment of automated software deployment tools ideally Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
* Administration and configuration of Cisco / HPE network switches, VLANs and wireless access points
* Centralised hardware firmware, operating system and application patches and updates
* Full system backups and recovery using Azure or Veeam.
* Create and update system installation, configuration and network documentation
* Centralised end point security management, ideally Mimecast and McAfee
* Manage Engine Service Desk Plus, Atlassian Jira / Confluence and Salesforce application experience (desirable)
* Knowledge of ITIL V3 or 4 practices: Foundation certification (desirable)
* Cyber Essentials or ISO 27001 framework implementation
* PCI governance knowledge (desirable)
* Technical qualifications: MCP and MCSA and CCNA (desirable)