At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world’s leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for an IT Project Manager to be based at our office in Warwick.
Our Connected Enterprise IT (CEIT) Department leverages extensive manufacturing know-how for enlightened enterprise systems. Our deep industry experience allows us to drastically reduce process time and effectively streamline business flows for any organization. Our world-class consultants enable organizations to realize the power of the integrated enterprise by providing superior consulting and implementation services.
IT Project Manager required to manage delivery of software projects for our customers Electronic, Electronic & Software Engineering department. Specifically supporting the move to SOTA (software over the air). You will work with Agile based teams, some of which will be remote to deliver the project and the role will require extensive travel across sites in the Midlands and sometimes to sites in the North West region.
Area of Responsibility
* Leads the successful delivery of assigned EESE (Electronic, Electronic & Software Engineering) IT programmes/projects, being accountable for the identification, planning and coordination of EESE, ensuring priorities, interdependencies and resources are managed effectively.
* Works upstream with Product Managers to understand proposals in the pipeline and ensure smooth transition into a new project within the portfolio, and to ensure that business stakeholders are managed on all the projects within the project.
* Leading a project team of IT professional to deliver an agreed scope in accordance with the governance model and maintaining close contact with all stakeholders.
* Leads the programme/project team(s) in determining business requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
* Proactively plans and manages project resources in line with business change priorities so that a realistic delivery approach is established and maintained.
* Plans, directs, and co-ordinates project activities to manage from concept to final operational stage; plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project
* Monitors and reports on programme health/project performance (cost, timing, resources, deliverables and risks) in line with JLR delivery methodology and Programme/Project Management processes
* Ensure dependencies between the programmes/project are correctly identified and managed appropriately
* Works downstream with Service Delivery Managers to ensure engagement occurs at appropriate points throughout the lifecycle of the projects in the portfolio and that the effective handover to operational support is managed effectively.
* Manage adherence to Operational Acceptance processes to ensure timely delivery into Service Delivery
* Ensures that the programme/project is managed to realise business benefits and that stakeholders are informed by an awareness of current technical developments
* Partners with relevant process owners, and Product Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are met.
* Work with the Product Managers to understand where changes in technology can be introduced and included in projects.
* Manage programme and project finances, including the full procurement cycle.
* Co-ordinate with commercial, legal, security and audit departments to define their project requirements and ensure the appropriate approvals for project deliverables are captured and auditable.
* Manages third party suppliers
Knowledge / Experience
* Significant experience managing complex projects/programme of change projects with proven track record of delivery
* Strong experience in agile and devops methodology
* Proven experience of complex stakeholder management who hold different views
· Proven experience of managing Agile software development projects
· Proven experience of working with globally distributed teams
* Strong analytical skills to identify how one issue can impact on another and put in place the required interventions through support or from own knowledge base
* Ability to manage significant risks and issues
* Proven supplier management experience
· Experience of digital connectivity solutions within the transport industry
· Background in digital delivery
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better™.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities