GCS Recruitments key client are looking for a contract UI Designer.
The role focuses on the ownership of user interface design within cross-functional product development teams.
The role holder will ensure that product user interfaces reflect learning and experience design principles. He/she will design product interfaces to be more engaging and effective for the user, making proposals on UI design decisions for the consideration of other stakeholders and design collaborators.
In particular, he/she will work closely in paired practice with UX Designers, implementing, extending and embellishing their initial execution to high fidelity across device multiple form factors.
* Working with and between UX and development teams in an evidence-based design process, generating UI artefacts to meet the scope of product requirements, ensuring that the resulting user experience properly integrates with desired learning and experience design principles
* Provides support, with moderate guidance, on how to design products to be more engaging and effective for the user, makes proposals on UI design decisions for the consideration of other stakeholders.
* Provides support, with moderate guidance, to Engineering teams to ensure that UI development meets UX and Product expectations.
* Able to translate wireframes and other UX artefacts into compelling UI deliverables. Has a decent understanding of financial opportunities associated with design projects of varying scale, working within parameters of budget and cost relative to market potential and doing so with moderate guidance.
* Maintain high standards of design quality through contribution to and working within their UX design systems. Responding to agile design audits and scaling design solutions across platforms effectively and efficiently
* Provide cross platform micro-interactions with clear consideration for both functional enhancements and compelling experiences to end users. Handover of clear specifications with close communication with developers for product deliverables.
* Contributes to the design of specific client products with learner needs in mind. Interpreting data and research from UX and other stakeholders to understand learner desires; embeds these inputs into product user interface designs directly with moderate guidance.
* Member of cross-functional product design and development teams. Can be considered a subject matter expert to the team in creating effective user interfaces. Leverages inputs and data from other stakeholders to create engaging and product appropriate user interfaces, in accordance with market need and does so with moderate guidance.
* Incorporates cutting-edge digital capability into their product offerings. Provides support in execution of specific products, to maximize the digital user experience and create appropriate consistency across their products with moderate guidance. Working to be a digital UI subject matter expert to build teams, to ensure the intended digital experience is achieved through the client products before release to the market
- A minimum of three years experience of developing user interfaces and interaction designs, preferably within an Agile methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Axure, InVision or equivalent prototyping software, Sketch/Adobe CS and Zeplin
- Skilled in the creation of low, mid and high-fidelity paper and interactive prototypes, from sketches to the delivery of final high-fidelity UI assets
- Ability to create cross-platform/responsive user interfaces
- Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility
- Ability to rationalise complex data structures into simple UI paradigms
- Experience working with a range of local and international stakeholders
- Experience of digital educational content
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.