Health & Safety Officer - Brighton - Inside IR35 - 6 Month Contract
This is an ideal position for someone looking for a contract with local authority or public-sector background. You will be working as a Health & Safety Officer supporting a depot of Offices and Warehouses within a local authority. This role would suit someone at the beginning of their H&S career or someone who is semi-retired looking for an interim contract.
The role involves ensuring the council have appropriate safety management arrangements in place, delivered in accordance with the health and safety policy. Ensuring a proportionate approach to risk management and supporting services in ensuring legal compliance through interpreting legislation and guidance and advising how these can be put into practice.
As this role is inside IR35, the position will be paying £17.90 PAYE and will NOT be able to be paid through a Ltd Company.
You will need a minimum of a NEBOSH Certificate with experience working within an office/ commercial setting. For more information on this position please email an updated version of your CV to (url removed) or call me on 02392322318.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
A great opportunity to join a leading utilities contractor who are actively recruiting for Dual Fuel Meter Engineers to work in the following locations: Brighton (BN)
·Great Career Opportunities
·Excellent Working Environment
·High earning potential
·Long Term work with major Energy Suppliers
Experience working on gas metering contracts would be advantageous.
Bonus, Vehicle, Fuel card, PPE will all be provided.
£130 per day LTD + bonus
You will need the following:
·Experience working on Dual Fuel meters
·No unspent convictions
·Full UK driving license
After a period usually 6 months there may be an option to join on a permanent basis or to continue the work on an On-Going contract.
These positions will move quickly so please apply quickly
Mario - 02393876012
My client based in the Brighton area is looking for some immediate support in their finance department.
Initially looking at a three month period this role does have potential to go longer. Supporting the Finance Director on all accounting functions including management accounts, month and year end, kpi reporting and direct staff management. Ideally you will be immediately available and from a similar background.
If you feel you would be suitable please do get in touch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Job title: Materials Handler
Job location: Brighton
Hourly rate: £11.91 PAYE or £14.94 LTD
My client is a global organisation who design, manufacture and maintain passenger trains throughout the UK.
The Materials Handler deals with the physical processing of materials through the projects & supports the team delivering the project materials supply & repair obligations, while ensuring that all materials are processed in line with the agreed project processes & procedures.
Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
* General education with good levels of numeracy & literacy
* Computer literate with some knowledge of general Microsoft packages
* Knowledge of SAP preferable
* Reach or Counterbalance fork truck licence
* Good communication skills at working level
* Good level of interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a structured fashion
* Attention to detail and clear levels of ownership
* Good understanding of the overall materials process
* Good appreciation of project constraints / obligations & the customer needs
* Signing for the receipt of repairable / return goods from the customer
* Loading / unloading delivery vehicles in line with Health & Safety guidelines, storing materials in the appropriate area
* Picking & packing of customer order & overhaul kitting requirements
* Processing materials movements relating to Goods In, Picking, Despatch & NCR
* Adherence to internal processes & procedures as laid out within the project quality system
* Work with Materials Controllers to ensure that the necessary records are maintained
* Take ownership for stock accuracy through Perpetual Inventory counting, stores management & stock integrity
* Maintaining housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment for all entering the warehouse
* Meeting and exceeding customer expectations & meeting the project goals & objectives
Phone: (Apply online only)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client
* Location: Brighton
* Contract type: Freelance
* Start date: 19th March 2018
* Duration:4 months
* Salary/Rate: £180-£220 per day
One of UK's leading provider of new homes with a large land bank in the South East they currently have 6 developments underway in the South East with planning for a further 5 to go live within the next 12 months.
A new build multi phase development of detached, semi detached and terraced houses and 4x 4 storey apartment blocks. The scheme is currently at varying stages of the production process (1st lift through to finishes) with CMLs being carried out weekly.
As the Site Managers you will be responsible for managing the whole site from externals to internals through to finihsing's. The build is Timberframe
* Reporting directly to a visiting Contracts Manager.
* Manage resources of the project to maximise output and deliver to programme.
* Control subcontract packages.
* Health & safety management and promotion in line with the company policies and procedures.
* Regularly review with the team progress against programme.
* Attend subcontractor site progress meetings.
* Customer liaison which will include assisting with home demonstrations, customer care and general point of contact for occupied plots.
* Create and maintain accurate site reports.
* Quality inspections and ensure contractors are issued with lists of defects to be completed in preparation for CML and occupations.
* Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
* Carry out pre occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
* Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
* Conduct regular checks to ensure construction methods and timescales are correct and take corrective action if the site is not compliant.
* Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
* You will have gained circa 2+ years experience, ideally working for a developer.
* Have the correct CITB and First Aid qualifications for the position.
* Be able to control subcontract packages.
* Good level of IT literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
* Recent and relevant experience.
* Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What you will get in return:
* A very competitive day rate.
* Opportunity for further contracts across the region.
* Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
* The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
Job Title: Company Secretary
Our client's Legal department is seeking an experienced Company Secretary to provide full and complete Company Secretarial advice and administration and assist the Corporate Legal and Litigation teams.
* Attend all board & committee meetings
* Produce comprehensive board & committee minutes
* Prepare and circulate reporting packs in preparation for board and committee meetings
* Record and report on actions arising from meetings and monitor them to completion
* Prepare for all board and committee meetings by ensuring that invitations are circulated etc.
* Identify, complete and file corporate returns as required at Companies House
* Maintain the statutory registers and operate Blueprint
* Research and monitor legal developments impacting on the structure of the group's board of directors
The role holder will ideally be ICSA qualified and educated to a degree level and will have extensive experience of minute taking.
THIS IS A C.15 MONTH FIXED-TERM CONTRACT.
ACS is recruiting for a Company Secretary. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Company Secretary please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Company Secretary. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Company Secretary with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Company Secretary role you desire
Company based on the outskirts of Brighton are looking to secure a couple of Mechanical Design Engineers / Design Draughter for a long term ongoing contract
- Previous exp of structural design work on industrial vehicles (HGV or similar) or structural modification to aircraft
- Previous exp of design work within a fast moving constantly changing design office
- Previous exp of Autodesk Inventor
The client would also be happy to receive applications from people with transferable skills and can demonstrate the use of Inventor to design modifications to a similar sized product (their biggest product is around the size of a large articulated lorry). i.e. industrial/agricultural industries, industrial machinery or smaller oil & gas industry products.
Pay rate £25 - £28 per hour.
This job description has been kept deliberatley brief, please apply for full details of this varied & interesting role.
In addition, if a permanent role is preferable they are also looking to secure the services of a permanent Mechanical Designer (salary £35-£40k) please apply for full details on both roles
Are you skilled in creating wiring diagrams?
Can you compile Bills of Materials?
Would you like to work for an engineering department where you would have a major influence and input into many projects for a well-known Brighton Manufacturer?
If so read on!
We are looking for an Electrical Applications Engineer who would like to have a big input into our client company major projects.
You would need to be able to cover the following, but the client is looking for either a permanent person or somebody wanting to commit to a long term contract with this organisation
Senior Application Engineer
· PLC experience
· Expert in creating wiring diagrams for complex systems & compiling BoM's
· Able to understand functional specifications; I/O diagrams
· Ideally experienced in some of the following areas - Rotating Machinery, Automotive Systems - controllers & Electronics, electrical drivetrains, generator sets or similar
We have deliberately kept the skills required brief to encourage applications from local Electrical engineers who would wish to investigate this role a little further.
Salary would be expected to be around £35 - £45k and Contract Hourly rate likely to be around £27-£30ph (Ltd).
The client is also happy to consider applications outside of these bandings individually on a case by case basis
We have two roles to fill here and they can be either contract, perm or a mixture of both.
If contract it will be a very long term committed project.
Please apply for further details