Brighton College has a new opportunity available for an Admissions Coordinator to join them on a 1 year fixed term contract as part of maternity cover. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
This is a key position within the Admissions Department at Brighton College, and demands exceptional communication and administration skills, energy and enthusiasm, together with a determination to deliver the college’s 13+ UK pupil recruitment targets.
As our Admission Coordinator you will be the first point of contact for enquiries regarding admission to the Senior School at ages 13+ for Scholarships, you will advise parents about all areas of the admissions process including procedures, scholarship opportunities, timescales and availability of places. You will respond to enquiries and applications with utmost professionalism and efficiency, at every stage communicating the benefits offered by the college and ensuring that prospective parents and pupils enjoy a positive experience of this leading UK school.
General duties and responsibilities as our Admission Coordinator include:
Direct responsibility for 13+ admissions, ensuring that targets for registrations, confirmations and final acceptances are achieved:
- Providing effective and efficient management of enquiries from prospective parents, replying to queries, sending out prospectuses, advising on scholarship and other admissions criteria and organising individual visits to the school
- Managing and effecting the registration of prospective pupils, efficiently processing all applications to ensure records are current and correct and ensuring the timely payment of deposits and other fees as appropriate
- Organising programmes for 13+ scholarships and events such as Open Days, Taster Days and Orientation Days for prospective parents and pupils and producing attendee lists
- Organising individual visits by prospective parents and meeting parents and potential pupils, providing them with a positive experience of the College
- In association with the Director of Admissions, managing and implementing the examination assessment and interview process for prospective pupils, including Common Entrance, Common Academic Scholarships and other points of entry at 13+
- Keeping prospective parents informed about the progress of their applications and about school events and news
- Maintaining close links with feeder schools
- Liaising with overseas prospective parents and agents as required and organising assessments and their timely return
- Maintaining the iSAMS database, ensuring it is up to date and accurate and producing reports as appropriate
- Attending Open Mornings/Evenings and other events, as required
- Updating annually all literature connected with Admissions for your key areas
- Keeping up to date with HMC and other key guidelines
- Delivering to any reasonable request by senior management
- Awareness and implementation of GDPR
- Organising -Overseas recruitment trips.
Benefits of working at Brighton College as our Admission Coordinator include:
- Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
- Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
- Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
- Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and - English Language classes
- Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week (excluding lunch), 8.30am—5.00pm Monday to Friday. In addition to this, a maximum of six Saturdays per year. This is an all year round position
Closing date for Admissions Coordinator applications: midday on Monday 20th July 2020.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS