A client of mine is looking for a Lead Fire Consultant – Fire Safety operates as a professional/technical specialist working within the Health & Safety Team to improve organisational performance in relation to fire safety through the provision of leading-edge H&S practices. They build and maintain strong and productive relationships to deliver a range of strategic and operational solutions in relation to fire safety.
* To undertake Fire Risk Assessments and associated site inspections on owned or managed properties.
* To ensure that statutory requirements are met and to provide a comprehensive fire safety advisory service
* Service is provided within a directorate/ service area which may include educational establishments:
* To provide and deploy expert knowledge, skills and interventions to influence, challenge and support the management of fire safety action plans;
* To follow BHCC systems and procedures for the effective monitoring and auditing fire safety performance
* Monitor and identify issues and recommend innovative and preventative measures to improve fire safety performance and maximise safety in the workplace
* Delivering Training
To co-operate in the implementation of the organisation of Health and Safety policy
In particular: as set out in section 4.5 of the Health & Safety Policy:
* To take due care of their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by their acts and mistakes at work
* To use equipment according to instructions
* To ensure that they do not use facilities and equipment recklessly or interfere with the safe use of equipment, materials or systems
* To report any unsafe act, or condition, any accident or incident according to Health and Safety Policy
* Relevant First Risk Assessment Qualification
* Up to date knowledge of European and UK Health & Safety Legislation as it applies to the role
* Ability to use principles of digital platforms relevant to the job role
* Knowledge of principles, practices, policies and procedures relating to fire safety
* Member of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety / RSP or non qualified member with significant comparable experience
* Understanding and practical experience of the range of health and safety functions, practice and procedure relevant to a large complex organisation
* Significant practical or professional experience and understanding of delivering fire safety advice
* Significant experience of undertaking fire risk assessments under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
To apply for this position please email an updated version of your CV or call me on (phone number removed).
stride is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Job Title: Train Cleaner – Early/Late Shift
Location: Brighton, West Sussex
Interviews/Start date: Thursday 27th June
We can only consider CV applications and NO telephone applications due to the large volume of applications.
Wanted! We have a requirement for a Cleaner to join an experienced team of Train Cleaners who operate on the day shifts to ensure the cleanliness of the trains are suitable for public use on one of the UK’s leading train operating companies.
ATA are currently working with a recognised leader in the rail sector who has operations across three rail franchises within the UK and has an ever-growing presence within the industry.
Are you hard-working, willing to get your hands dirty and job satisfaction out of a clean environment? Look no further, as we have a great opening for a cleaner to work in a local train depot using your skills and experience to ensure the trains are clean and tidy. Ideally you will have a background in train cleaning, housekeeping or a similar cleaning environment.
Up for a challenge? Great, lets tell you about the role! Your sole responsibility on the day shift is to ensure the trains are clean and tidy by carrying out cleaning of the interiors and exteriors so they are smart and presentable for public use.
If you’re loving the sound of this, here’s what you need to be considered for the role! Ideally experience within any cleaning environment, flexibility to work alternating weekly shifts of the following 06:00am – 13.24pm, 08:00am – 15.24pm and 13:21pm – 20.45pm across a 7-day roster pattern that includes 2 weekends per month.
As part of the interview process and if successful in being offered the role, you will be required to attend a drug & alcohol test as well as an ID check at our London office providing original documentation such as eligibility to work in the UK.
Hourly Rate of Pay: £9.07 per hour plus overtime rates.
If you’re interested in the Train Cleaner position, press “APPLY” or send your CV to
Please Note: We can only consider CV applications and NO telephone applications due to the large volume of applications.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
One of the UK's fastest growing start-up companies are looking to grow their award-winning design team with the introduction of a Senior UX Designer on a 3mth Contract. They are aiming to be one of the most valued marketing companies in the world and as a Senior UX Designer, you will pay a key role in achieving this goal.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be working on mobile applications for some of the biggest names in the sporting industry as well as some of the biggest brands in the world, helping to drive value for everyone.
They are looking for a Senior UX Designer who is able to...
- Demonstrate 5yrs experience in a similar position, working on Mobile Applications
- Work to tight deadlines on multiple projects while staying organised and focused
- Come up with and design funcialtion and eye catching UI Mobile Application designs
-Keen attention to detail
If you are a Senior UX Designer, looking for your next opportunity - apply now
CALLING ALL DANCE INSTRUCTORS AND SPORTS COACHES**
**DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH 11 - 18 YEAR OLD STUDENTS IN THE LAST TWO YEARS?**
**ARE YOU LOOKING FOR PART TIME FLEXIBLE WORK?**
**HAVE YOU CONSIDERED COVER SUPERVISING IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS?**
CALL SIMPLY EDUCATION TODAY
To support demand in East Sussex for daily cover supervisors, Simply Education are looking to speak with Dance and Sports Coaches/Instructors that can provide last minute cover in the mornings across East Sussex schools.
We are a locally-based staffing agency providing supply work to teachers and support staff across the UK.
We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
We operate through regional offices managed by locally-based teams. Covering nine different counties, our dedicated consultants are available 365 days a year to provide industry knowledge to schools and teaching staff.
Our education consultants work hard to effectively match our registered teaching staff to the specific requirements and challenges of every assignment.
Our compliance department consistently maintains the highest standards of vetting to ensure we continually maintain our REC Audited Education Status.
If you are a talented, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher with a passion to inspire and help children learn, then we would like to hear from you!
If you are looking for flexible hours, full-time or part-time work to compliment current commitments or looking to stay in touch with education, Simply Education are looking to add to our team of teachers.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have two years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed.
All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer which include;
- Your very own dedicated consultant.
- A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs.
- No need for completion of time sheets.
- Email/SMS confirmation for all bookings.
- £75 reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce to us.
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required.
Please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call Michael Taylor on (phone number removed) to book an appointment
We are currently recruiting experienced Gas Installation Engineers in to cover the Brighton area on an ongoing contract basis, working as part of one of the largest gas and heating contractors, operating within the social housing and private domestic sectors.
Ideal candidates will be a fully qualified ACS engineers with strong knowledge of installing a variety of domestic boilers.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
ACS - CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CPA1
Gas Safe registration
Own van and tools including calibrated flue analyser
Public liability insurance
Sound experience of domestic boiler installation
Experience working within social housing is also desirable
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV or contact Nicola Dickson for more information