Cyber Security Technician Apprenticeship
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Would you like to kick-start your career in cyber security? Want the chance to earn whilst you gain an amazing qualification and exciting work experience? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
GK Apprenticeships is recruiting on behalf of Sep2, a fast-growing Cyber Security service provider who are at an exciting time in their development. They are searching for a number of Cyber Security Apprentices to develop into the next generation of Cyber Security professionals. Founded in 2016 by passionate security professionals; Sep2 was born out of the drive for perfect security and service excellence.
Working for one of the UKs fastest-growing specialists in Cyber Security products and services, you will work within the Security Operation team and will be responsible for supporting leading security solutions and services for Sep2’s clients. You will need to not only be technically minded, but also be adept in documenting your work.
- Working as part of the team to maintain internal systems and services
- Providing technical assistance and support to customers using a range of Cyber Security solutions
- Working within the Security Operations team to manage cyber security solutions, defending customer infrastructure from exploitation and cyber-attacks
- Producing high-quality technical customer services
- No specific experience required
- Understanding of networks/networking would be advantageous
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems would be advantageous
- Good communications skills are essential
- Any relevant industry experience will be advantageous, but not required
- Ability to think on your feet
- Self-motivation to learn, improve and keep up to date with technologies and concepts within the security industry
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Ability to build and deploy technical lab scenarios using industry standard tools such as virtualisation and physical hardware, with support and instruction from Sep2 as a part of the apprenticeship
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- A driven, personable, and creative individual with technical and customer services flair
- Confident and capable to present, both verbal and written, with common sense
- Someone who is excited about technology and wants to develop a career in technology
You will be encouraged to develop the above personal attributes further within Sep2's supportive team and will obtain a Level 3 Cyber Security Technician apprenticeship during this job role.
Further progression following your first apprenticeship will be available to develop your cyber career further.
The successful candidate will be enrolled on an 18 month apprentice programme in Cyber Security. This will consist of eLearning, virtual classroom and on-job learning.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will also be required to attain Functional Skills at Level 2 in both Maths and English. GCSE Grades C (4) in these subjects are accepted as an exemption, support will be provided to those apprentices who may not have this achievement.
The starting salary of £13,500 is reviewed and managed through a personal development plan and salary increases achieved through meeting KPI milestones:
- 6 months: £14,000
- 12 months: £15,000
- 18 months and successfully completing the apprenticeship: £17,000
Other organisations may call this role Cyber Security Apprentice, Cyber Security Apprenticeship, ICT Apprentice, IT Apprentice, IT Apprenticeship, Trainee Cyber Security Engineer, or Trainee IT Engineer.
To apply for the role of Cyber Security Technician Apprenticeship, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency