ROLE: Interim Transport Supervisor (Nights)
A BIT ABOUT US:
Established 40x years ago, our client has grown into one of the largest independently owned and operated logistics companies in the UK. From our small beginnings in packing and manufacturing to their position today as an industry-leader logistics business. We are now looking to recruit a full time – interim night shift Transport Supervisor at our distribution centre in Bristol. This role is for initially 3 to 6x months, with a high degree of probability going permanent should the business needs demand it.
Provide compliant, efficient and profitable transport operations for the Depot and clients delivery networks, ensuring that hygiene, quality levels, and performance standards are met, whilst promoting safe working practices.
* Ensure all customer requirements (both internal and external) are satisfied on a daily basis.
* Act as the client’s management interface with customers.
* Continually review and re-engineer the operation to ensure maximum efficiency.
* Co-ordinate own fleet and sub-contract to ensure cost-effective solutions for customer requirements.
* Day to day driver management.
* Ensure all drivers are de-briefed daily.
* Develop team, providing skills and training to meet operational requirements and efficiency improvements.
* To maintain a well-motivated and enthusiastic team.
* Provide out of hours support for customers and drivers.
* Conduct regular driver/vehicle/trailers check to ensure the highest standards of reliability and presentation are maintained as well as fleet control.
* Management of all in-cab technology.
* Use of the TMS
* Manage Driver training program to include Driver CPC.
* Ensure full compliance with all client’s internal processes and procedures.
* Work with CPC Holders to ensure all VOSA ‘Operator Licence’ legislative requirements are adhered to; responsibilities include:
* The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with drivers’ hours and tachograph rules and with speed limits;
* The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found;
* The reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers;
* The method of compilation and the accuracy of all records, which must be kept for a period of not less than 15 months;
* The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded;
* Ensuring that authorised vehicles will be kept at the authorised operating centre(s) when not in use;
* Ensure fleet records for depot are maintained to a high standard to include:
* Daily checks, defect reporting, servicing (DOE, tail lifts, Tacho calibration, MOTs)
* Complete Tacho records for vehicles and drivers
* Tacho Infringement management and disciplinary action where required
* Ensure all Health and Safety Legislation is complied with including SSoW, Risk Assessments, Tool Box Talks, LOLER/PUWER/RIDDOR regulations.
* All other aspects of Fleet Compliance
MEASUREMENT / REPORTING:
* Various reports will be expected in line with the Operational activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
General IT Knowledge to include Excel, Word etc.
Excellent self-motivation and able to work under own supervision.
Team player with the ability to instil confidence and drive in others.
The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, drivers, and suppliers.
Flexibility – the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected.
CREDENTIALS QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
General Transport knowledge
Excellent PC literacy with knowledge and experience of fleet management packages and the ability to quickly learn to use them.
Professional Qualification, e.g. Certificate of Professional Competence or willing to undertake training to achieve this qualification.
PAY, WORKING HOURS & BENEFITS:
The hours of work for this role will be based on Monday to Friday, 9 pm – 6/6.30am shift pattern.
We will offer a competitive starting salary of £30,000 pro-rata’d