Job Title: Supervisor
Location: Wiltshire and Surrounding Areas
Type of Job: 6 Month FTC
Ref No.: V6557
This vacancy comprises of three roles based in and around Somerset and Wiltshire.
Reporting to the Supplier Manager, the purpose of this role is to ensure that work is completed safely, on time and to budget and to the required quality.
The job holder is responsible for ensuring that labour is effectively managed and utilised and to manage the co-ordination of sub-contractor gangs such that the required cash and profit targets are achieved. This will include customer liaison, safety, environment, quality procedures, cost monitoring, sub-contractor control, material procurement and all people issues
• Determine the resource requirements for the completion of all works. Assign roles, tasks and responsibilities necessary for completion of the work
• Monitor productivity and manage / supervise staff, operatives, subcontractors and associated plant.
• Monitor activities to ensure finished work is in accordance with plans, specifications and Customer Requirements.
• Monitor and ensure that records are kept of additional work and/or delays and ensure the necessary DFEs are agreed and recorded.
• Identify, manage and monitor risks (safety, quality, environment, programme and commercial).
• Establish and maintain relationships and ensure effective liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Oversee the procurement of materials by subcontractors.
• Understanding and application of tIS culture and values
Key success criteria
• BAU production requirements met
• BDUK production requirements met
• Streetworks improved
• Safety targets met
• Quality continuously improved
• Suppliers show structured sustained improvement
• People targets met
• Deliver all Production activity through the agreed operational delivery model(s) (e.g. supplier, direct labour, etc) in line with the agreed cost envelope
• Drive a “Safety First” and “Right First Time” culture across the delivery organisation, backed up by improvement plans, through effective engagement with Suppliers, their management and operatives
• Ensure that accidents, incidents, near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are investigated competently and that effective root cause analysis, action planning, implementation and monitoring follow
• Own the day-to-day operational relationship with those suppliers agreed with the Production Lead.
• Maintain close working with CCO Coordinators to ensure works are completed in line with end-customer needs across all workstreams.
• Drive Quality Improvement alongside and equal to Safety in all engagements with Suppliers and Operatives
• Support the Production Lead in reviewing depot capacity against current and forecast demand.
• Ensure that skills and accreditation records are complete, accurate and up-to-date and regularly review with all Suppliers against their commitments.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion