A leading healthcare company located in Yorkshire who specialise in treatment of disease through an advanced technology, is now looking for a Development Scientist to join the team. The opportunity comes with the promise to improve patient recovery and quality of life.
Working within the Research and Development Department you will be responsible to support product development programmes, ensuring the timely and cost effective achievements of project objectives.
You will be responsible to generate product development data for product verification / validation and to support marketing claims.
* You will lead the design, performance and write up of discreet experimental and development projects, with guidance from the Project Manager and representatives from other functions, as appropriate, with minimal supervision.
* Facilitate project progression, from initial planning through to completion of final reports, with minimal supervision.
* Writing and critically assessing technical and clinical literature.
* Completion of product development documentation required for the DHF, regulatory submissions, external presentations, quality systems and manufacturing.
* Assist in production of Design Control documentation such as Design Inputs / Outputs, Risk Assessments as project requires.
* Ensure the company's quality control systems are maintained in the development environment where possible.
* Life Sciences graduate with previous industrial experience and/or postdoctoral qualifications.
* Experience of working in the Medical Device Industry particularly in the Orthopaedic industry is desirable.
* Experience of critically assessing technical information literature and data, also writing of technical reports and clinical evaluation reports would be desirable
* Experience working within a Quality System such as ISO 9001/13485.
* Good knowledge of Design History File Documents; Plans, Design Inputs, Verification, Validation, Design Reviews, Design Outputs
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age