YOU MUST HAVE 10+ YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A SENIOR DATABASE ENGINEER (please note that all your roles during last 10 years should reflect this)
Senior Database Engineer
£600 per day (6 Months+ / Option of working from Remote / Outside IR35)
Greenfield project! Opportunity to design and engineer a customer account management solution using open standards that will sit at the heart of a new system for the transport industry. You will be working alongside a small dev and UX team in a, long established, non-corporate and friendly agency outside of IR35 with a flat organizational structure that doesn’t care about titles and hierarchy.
In addition to the design and build of the Database solution you will work with our DevOps team to automate database infrastructure deployment and deliver a fully redundant disaster tolerant system. You will be responsible for designing and implementing policies for backups, recovery and replication of database infrastructure. You will help the team to make datastore decisions in order to scale.
- London, Bristol or Cornwall.
- Full option of working from remote.
- Expert data modelling skills
- Expert in MySQL/SQL, DB replication, optimisation, Disaster recovery protocols
- Experienced in Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS RDS Aurora or similar
- Experience with performance and stress testing tools
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- UK based during the working week
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in a mixed team of developers
Desirable/Nice to have
- Knowledge of NoSQL solutions
- Experience of working with Jira
- Experience of GIT
- Linux experience
- Rail industry Experience